Women in Business - Help, support and guidance for women in business, women working in businesses and women starting up or considering starting a business.
Women In Business was the first network for women in business in the UK. We are proud of our roots and as the world of business and communications has changed to favour digital and social media so has women in business.
There is no membership fee, we are sustained by generous sponsors and sales of training events, guest speaker opportunities, advertising, on line sales and our fans & followers.
Our typical audience includes entrepreneurs who have started and run businesses, senior women in organisations such as the government, banking, the arts and the third sector.
In addition to our online portal, shop and events, Women In Business works to promote the business needs of women and recognises that women manage businesses differently and strives to support those needs in an accessible way.
Training events are held in a positive and friendly environment and participants are from a wide range of businesses and third sector organisations. Some are just starting out with the seed of an idea and others have been in business for a number of years and are looking for a new way of making business contacts.
Since the launch in 1994, Women In Business has delivered a wide range of business workshops and Award events and Business growth initiatives to over 30,000 women and has formed other links with similar organisations across the UK.
Women In Business evolves all the time to reflect the members view and what is relevant in the world of business today. We partner with and work for a variety of organisations such as Google, local chambers, British Banking Association to name but a few.
Women In Business services include:
- Website of information, advice and guidance for women in business, in organisations or for women considering starting a business
- Online sales of business tools and time saving guides
- Training Workshops
- Business start up and growth coaching
- Opportunities to share best practice
- Advertising and promotional opportunities
- Digital & Social networking, promotions and communication opportunities
- Research into business women’s issues, needs and up to date changes in legislation
- Information on other relevant events, conferences and workshops across the North West region
- Information about other Networks across the area
- Career change and confidence building coaching
- Signposting to local Government initiatives for business support and funding
- Free Business Mentoring for eligible businesses
For further details contact Elaine Owen on 0151 653 3338